About the ACCA® Program
ACCA (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants) is a not-for-profit organization established in 1904. ACCA is the world’s leading professional chartered accountancy body offering chartered certified accountant qualification.
ACCA is a globally recognized qualification valued in 180 countries with 98 global partnership. ACCA promotes principle based regulation and actively seeks to enhance the value of accounting in society through international research.
ACCA covers a broad range of financial aspects such as international Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), International Taxation, International Auditing, Financial Management, Cost Analysis, Budget Forecast, Business Analysis etc.
Benefits of the Program
Global Recognition: ACCA is a globally recognized qualification valued in 180 countries with 98 global partnership, 8500 approved employers, 200,000 members and 550,000 students across the world.
Cost Effective: ACCA qualification is a very economical very to acquire knowledge and expertise which widens the career opportunities all this, at a cost equal to a Bachelors Degree.
Highly Flexible: Professional qualification which can be presumed by anyone who have successfully completed IGCSE Level A grade. ACCA have nearly 400 exam centers across the world. Now due to COVID 19 Pandemic ACCA has introduced Remote Invigilated Exam centers. Hence the students can write exam at their convenient place.
High Demand in global market: As the ACCA qualified holds a good understanding of the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), International Taxation, International Auditing, Investment appraisal techniques. Employers over the world prefer ACCA.
Additional Qualification and certifications: On completion of few other papers or modules the ACCA candidates can obtain other qualification and certification such as :
– Bsc from Oxford Brooks University
– Msc from University of London
– MBA from Oxford Brooks University
and many more
Joint Examination Scheme: ACCA has 14 joint Examination partnership with other national professional accountancy organization. Where the students register for both the partner organization and thereby satisfy the exam criteria for membership of both qualification such as :
– UAE Accountants and Auditors Association
– Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Greece (SOEL)
and partnership with 12 other National Professional Accountancy organization.
Strategic Partnership: ACCA has signed a long-term strategic partnership agreement with other national professional accountancy organization such as:
– UAE Accountants and Auditors Association
– Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
and other professional bodies, where the eligible members of ACCA can obtain membership from other professional bodies.
Examination Process and Testing Methods
ACCA has three levels includes 13 papers
- Applied Knowledge level — 3 papers
- Applied Skill level – 6 papers
- Strategic Professional level – 4papers
- All the exams are Computer-based.
- Each level must be taken in succession. The candidate must pass all papers in Applied Knowledge level in order to be eligible for Applied Skills exams; similarly a candidate must pass Applied Skills exam to appear for Strategic Professional exams.
- Applied Knowledge exam are on demand exams
- Applied skills and Strategic Professional level exams are offered four times a year (March, June, September, December)
|Applied Knowledge||Applied Skill||Strategic Professional|
|Multiple Choice Questions||Multiple Choice Question and Constructive Response Questions||Scenario Based Questions|
Eligibility to Take ACCA
- IGCSE / Level A Route
- FIA / Diploma Route
- Graduate Route
Registering for the ACCA Exams
To register you must meet the exam eligibility requirements.
Log onto www.accaglobal.com to view registration deadlines, create an account or login and register for the examinations.
Note: This procedure does not qualify as a registration until the applicant does not receive a ACCA Program Registration Confirmation.
Steps to become an ACCA Member
- Step 1: Take and pass all the 13 papers in three levels
- Step 2: Complete EPSM (Ethics Professional Skill Module)
- Step 3: Obtain the 3 years PER (Practical Experience Requirements) by working under an IFAC qualified supervisor.